DIY How to replace a speaker with spade connectors. Learn how to replace a woofer in a speaker cabinet. The cabinet show is the Seismic Audio SA-15T 2-way speaker cabinet, but the principles and techniques can be applied to other speakers and other brands.
Click here to see our line speakers to replace or upgrade your existing cabinets or for your own cabinet build.
- Start with the grill.
- Remove all the screws and lift the grill away from the cabinet.
- Next, Remove all the screws that hold in the speaker.
- Carefully lift the speaker away from the cabinet.
- Disconnect the leads by pulling them off the contacts.
- Simply connect the leads to your new speaker and screw it back in.
- Reattach the grill and you’re good to go.