Audio Mixers have been around for several years now and have been a great help to the music industry in many ways. They have created better quality and control of the music. This has made a need for mixers of all sizes, especially as microphones have become higher quality as well as more use specific; like vocal mics, drum mics and others. These are just a few of the reasons we feel you should own a mixer for your band! If you don’t already have one, or are looking to upgrade to something different from what you have check out ours at www.seismicaudiospeakers.com.
- Gives you more channels. Most speakers only have one or two inputs on the back if they are powered and most likely one on passive speakers. In order to add more channels, the easiest way is to patch your speakers into a mixer. Mixers can have anywhere from 2 channels to over 100 channels. This creates a world of opportunity for mixing, adding microphones, and the overall ability to control the sound you are receiving.
- Gives you different types of inputs. Most mixers have several different types of connections. Depending on whether it is a powered mixer or not, it could have the following connections; Speakon, XLR, TRS, TS, or RCA. This gives a lot of different options for different audio sources. This is one of the biggest things that makes a mixer so valuable.
- Being able to mute channels. Many times when you are mixing a band and need to mute something, having that option is very important. If the channel is not muted, there is opportunity for loud pops when someone unplugs an instrument, and no one wants that!
- The ability to be away from the stage. Most people when mixing a band, don’t really want to be mixing from the stage. This creates a difficult situation for mixing and keeping everything at the right level. The best way to really get a good mix is to set up as close to the “sweet spot” in the room as possible. The best way to make that happen in an organized fashion would be to use snake cables, they create the opportunity to have all of your inputs from the sound board on the stage in an organized box that you have the ability to label.
- Being able to EQ your channels. Most mixers have at least some kind of equalizer on it. Being able to pull the best sound possible out of each channel is very important to the end product of mixing a live group of some kind.
These are just a few of the reasons, we believe, you should be using a mixer! If you are interested in great gear for a great price or just have some questions about your setup, feel free to give one of our audio techs a call at 1-877-347-6423 or visit our website at www.seismicaudiospeakers.com to find your next big money making mixer! And remember, always practice “Safe Audio-ing”!
4 thoughts on “5 Reasons You Should Be Using an Audio Mixer”
Im building a pro audio system for my house
At this time i have rack built
Got 2 CerwinVega cvp2153 loudspeakers
Got 2 CerwinVega int252v2 loudspeaker
2cv2800hd pro amps
1peavy ..ipr 5000 amp..got questions
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great! Give us a call at 1-877-347-6423 and one of our experts can guide you through the process. Also, we can provide any of the extra pieces you will need.